Sunday, August 3, 2008

Busy, Busy, Busy.

Lately I've really been getting into making random crafts and such, therefore, I figured this place needed a make-over! Here is the source of my creativity rush: Craftster

I'll start off with some of the more recent jewelry that I've been making (which was all done today). There are about 11 pairs or so, and I absolutely love this hobby. They are relatively fast and easy to make, not to mention can be really cheap depending on where you buy your beads (personally, I love this one shop in Ram Cat Alley, Seneca). The following pairs are just a sample of what I did- and again, I will probably always be apologizing for any blurrinesses and resizing issues with my pictures.
Click the picture for a MUCH better view.




Next is a wall-hanging that I made today. This is really one of the most simple things to make. I bought the wood at Hobby Lobby for around one dollar. Drill two holes in the top (choose your own spacing). Then I found the lettering and the flower at Wal-mart for about 4 bucks total. The pink flower did not have the green in it's center, that came with the letters. I painted the wood, gesso, then acrylic paint. After it was dry, I just used hot glue to adhere the stuff. Followed up by a few coats of Modge Podge for some gloss appeal! The handle was made of colored wire and some polymer clay beads made awhile ago.


So there are the things I have accomplished today! I've been sick for the past 2 days, and I'm dreading summer work. We only have a few days until school begins, and I am not finished yet! If you have any questions, or thoughts, feel free to share!
Peace,
E

No comments:

Blog Archive