Sunday, October 12, 2008

In The Way of Deadlines

Of course, I have been on the procrastination war-path lately. For example, waking at 3 am to begin (and finish) AP History essays. Not to mention running everyday, working, and trying to do all of my homework, and just trying to stay awake during class. Oh, the joys of high school. But, enough of that.

This week I have been rather happy with my running times. Just last week, at Tamassee (a VERY difficult course), I ran it in 23:44, beating my P.R. of last year on our easiest course. I really have liked this year, and I'm going to try and gather some of our team throughout the winter, and get them to stay in shape with me. WOO! Hopefully joining FIKE gym soon.

Only 7 or so days until the first 9 weeks period ends, and report cards go out. I am so close to an A in a few classes (a 92!!), it is frustrating. The biggest worry is in Art.

Each 9 weeks, we have to have a theme. Then we need three pieces that represent that theme. My theme this time was 'John Lennon'. So I made an acrylic of his face- which didn't really work, and I didn't like it at all. THEN, I pretty much changed my theme about a week ago. Not completely, but I am now doing three watercolor pieces that are based upon "Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds". So here are two of them; the first is completed, the second is not.


This is the "Picture yourself in a boat on a river" stanza

This is the "cellophane flowers of yellow and green" part

So that is what I have been working on really, and I need to finish the second one, and now complete a third one by Friday.

Soon I will be trying to get more into "crafting" again, but for now I'm taking it one thing at a time.

Have fun crafting!
Peace,
E

No comments:

Blog Archive