Sunday, January 4, 2009

2009

Welcome to a new year!

I hope everyone had a good Holiday break. Our school had a 2-week break. I spent the first week with friends, mainly goofing off. The 2nd week I spent in Columbia/Gaston with my grandparents and Aunt and Uncle. It was a good bit of fun- albeit a little stressful due to the fact that I have procrastinated once more about my school work.

Of course, with a new year starting, everyone has their resolutions that they have thought about. I have come up with a few, and I had to list them by importance (1 being top priority, 10 being least important). By doing this, I hope to encourage myself more. For example, if I do not complete or get anywhere with 5-10, I am not going to be torn up about it.

My New Year's Resolutions:

1. Focus on School Work
2. Get back on an exercise program *
3. Be nice to others, stop negativity
4. Start and continue saving money- whether it be in jars or otherwise
5. Use less lights and electricity - and way less heat.
6. Become more informed about colleges, scholarships, payments, apartments, ect
7. Lose 5 lbs before Summer (May)
8. No soda- diet is okay in moderation)
9. Try to hang out with friends more often
10. Draw and Paint more

* - As of Monday, January 5, I am on an exercise program with a friend. I have developed a calender with all of our workouts and such. If you would like for this to be shared, just leave a comment! Or if you would like join us!

Don't forget to leave your own resolutions in the comment sections, having other people support you is a surefire way to succeed!

For Christmas I received a Dremel drill, so I have been happily drilling away in my dungeon (aka bedroom). Expect new crafts and such. I also actually moved into my bedroom not too long ago. I had previously been sleeping on the couch in my grandparents livingroom. It is currently a mess from the holidays, but as soon as I get it cleaned up (today) I shall post some pictures of it's new found beauty.
With my drill, I have been able to make holes in objects to make jewelry and such on my own. This is one project that I have completed- a hand-painted bottle cap.

(Click for a larger image)

It is on a silk cord and flattened to help avoid any sharp edges. It is coated with clear varnish and had held up against the weather so far! If you would like any more information on painting bottle caps, feel free to ask or even if you would like a custom one.

Have a wonderful day!
Happy Crafting!

Peace,
Erin

No comments:

Blog Archive